Thursday 3 September 2015

SitC favourites August 2015

Evening citizens of Middle Earth.
Gi Suilon!

Although I'm not a beauty blogger, I do enjoy watching or reading 'monthly favourite' posts. I thought that seeing as I recently went to summer in the city (the biggest YouTube convention in the UK) I would combine an August favourites with my convention hall. Hopefully this will give you an insight into how this particular convention works along with what to expect if you're planning on going in the years to come.


1) Merchandise:
Although I've been wanting a llama hat for years and finally managed to get one at SitC, it surprisingly wasn't my favourite purchase. That title would have to go down to my stuffed mine turtle which has a voice recording from the asdf movies inside it. I also managed to get it signed - BONUS!

2) Guest
Tomska; without a doubt. He was the only creator I met due to lucking out in the ballot system and I most likely wouldn't have been able to if he hadn't given up his spare time to do an impromptu meet up at his merch stand. Tom was one of the first people I watched on YouTube and quoting the asdf movies has become a common pastime for my dad and me. He has made me laugh so hard when I've secretly been watching his videos at 3 in the morning, sometimes too hard resulting in my antics being discovered by an annoyed mum. I think he's extremely talented and I'm so privileged to have met him!

3) New person
I met a lot of cool people on that Sunday - people who I believe I will keep in contact with for a long time. Although I came with my friend Katie, meeting new friends just made the whole experience more enjoyable.
The first people we met were called Karly and Caitlin and they had come all the way from Dublin! We watched the Mario Kart competition in the screening room with them then lost them, only to meet up with them again later in the day at Tomska's meet up.
In the queue for the meet & greet Katie and I had met this girl called Izzy who was really awesome. She'd met loads of creators over the weekend and had gotten them all to sign a card for her birthday which was the following Friday. We were right at the very front of the line when Izzy fainted! She was ok after half an hour or so which was good and Tom kept coming over to check on her which was sweet. Once Izzy had recovered she got a massive hug from Tom who then proceeded to write "Stop falling over!" in her card.
Whilst we'd looked after Izzy, her friend Georgia had joined us (she has a YouTube channel which I will link at the end of this post). That pretty much completed the SitC friendship group of 2015!
I think all four of the girls I met were really cool and if they ever read this I want to thank them for completing my convention experience! :-)

4) Moment
As I've already mentioned, I had the chance to meet Tomska! Now you may be thinking that my favourite moment is going to be the hug but no - it's not... There was this girl near to the end of the line who just ran and jumped on Tom! It was so funny and so cute at the same time; in other words, a perfect way to sum up the day.

5) Event
The best vent had to be YouTuber honesty hour simply because of Emma Blackery's witty, opinionated comments. They were hilarious and I agreed with a lot of her views. Even though I'm not a massive fan of her or her content I do think she's funny and she definitely made that panel the best for me.


If you head over to my travel blog, there is a similar post (favourites/hall crossover) related to my summer holiday to Italy.

That's all until I next post so...
Tenna enta lúmë - May we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment