Friday 25 March 2016

Lord of the Rings tag

Evening citizens of Middle Earth.
Gi Suilon!

  1. What was your first introduction to Lord of the Rings?
    I was introduced to the series when I was between 5-7 years old by my parents. I know I was this young because the whole series came out in 2005 and I remember talking to my friends about it in year 2 which in England you'd be around 7.

  2. Have you ever read the book?
    I haven't read the trilogy which is terrible of me but I have listened to the recorded play version.

  3. Which version of the movies do you prefer – the extended version or the theatrical release?
    I think the extended because you see some quite major events such as Saruman and Grimer's deaths and how the ghost Army intercepted the enemy fleets.

  4. Who is your favourite character and why?
    Pippin:
    • He's a Took
    • He's adorable
    • He loves Merry so much and in the end is his own hero
    • He's an idiot (in the best way possible)
    • He's just Pip - nothing more to be said
    OR
    Aragorn
    • He's a born leader who is reluctantly waiting to return to his throne
    • He doesn't desire power
    • He cares much for Arwen and the rest of the fellowship even being with Boromir in his final moments
    • He resists the power of the ring and let's Frodo choose his own path
    • He's flipping 87
    • He grew up in Rivendell
    • He speaks elvish and English fluently
    • He is extremely attractive

  5. Which of the other books concerning Middle-Earth have you read?
    I first read the hobbit when I was 9 as I remember getting it as a present from my cousin. I've also read the Silmarillion and a biography of J.R.R. Tolkien plus I own Bored of the Rings, a Tolkien dictionary and a Tolkien Encyclopedia.

  6. If there was one thing about the movies you would change, what would it be?
    Nothing really except to have kept Saruman's death in the Theatrical version and to have Viggo Mortensen's character younger than 87.

  7. What is your favorite scene in either the books or the movies?
    It's either when Aragorn and Legolas are conversing in Elvish just before the battle of helms deep in the two towers and then Aragorn suddenly switches to English saying that "[he] will die as one of them" and it makes it really awkward or when Legolas surfs down the stairs on a shield later in the same battle.

  8. How would you rate your addiction to Lord of the Rings – Aragorn being the lowest and Gollum/Smeagol being the highest?
    First of all Aragorn being the lowest in this question really bugs me but I'd say I'm at least a Smeagol if not just reaching Gollum.

  9. If you could be any Lord of the Rings character, who would it be?
    Arwen:
    • She's a she-elf
    • She's beautiful and brave
    • She's a legend
    • She gets to marry Aragorn who is gorgeous

That's all until I next post so...
Tenna enta lúmë - May we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment